We Offer Complete Under Slab Plumbing Repair Services
Homes built on Texas soil are unique because most of them are built on a concrete slab foundation. Because the pipes are positioned in the ground before the concrete is poured to form the slab, this presents a challenge when the pipes in the plumbing system become damaged or wear out, which is eventually expected to happen in every home. The professional team at Redfin Plumbing has extensive experience in under-slab leak repair services throughout Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas.
Our qualified plumbing technicians are fully equipped with all the advanced state-of-the-art technology required to accurately detect leaks under the slab and effectively repair them. We can help you with any size leak, no matter how large or small. Call us today to learn more!
What Is a Slab Leak?
Slabs are the concrete foundations many homes in Texas are built upon. Your home’s plumbing system (water and sewer lines) typically runs underneath the slab, so if your water or sewer lines break or crack, it releases water under the foundation of your home, known as a “slab leak.”
Slab leaks are potentially dangerous because the water can disrupt and erode the soil supporting the foundation, resulting in damage to the foundation, such as cracking or sinking. Slab leaks can be especially challenging to detect and repair because the pipes are located under the concrete slab, so it’s important to call a professional plumber anytime you suspect a slab leak.
What Are the Signs of a Slab Leak?
You can look out for several things to determine whether you have a slab leak in your home or business. The signs of a slab leak may include:
- Cracks in Walls or Ceiling – If you notice any cracks in your ceilings or walls, we recommend you contact a professional to inspect the situation as soon as possible to avoid expensive repairs in the future. This is a major sign of a slab leak.
- Foundation Cracks – Any cracks in your home or business could be signs of a possible slab leak. If you notice any foundation cracks, it’s best to contact a plumbing professional to inspect and fix the problem.
- Damp Areas on the Floor – Have you noticed any areas on your floor that are damper than others? This is a sign of a slab leak.
- Increase in Water Bills – If your water bill has suddenly or consistently increased lately, a slab leak might be to blame.
- Low Water Pressure – Slab leaks cause water to escape through the pipes, often leaving residents of the home with insufficient water pressure.
- Hot Spots on the Floor – Do some areas on your floor feel warmer than others? This could be a sign of a slab leak.
- Seeing or Smelling Mold or Mildew – Have you noticed an unpleasant smell? Have you seen any mold or mildew? If you have, it’s important to contact a professional plumber straight away to get the situation inspected for you. Over time, mold can pose serious health concerns for inhabitants of the home, and it’s best to mitigate the issue as soon as possible.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
Before your concrete slab is poured as the foundation for your home, your water and sewer pipes are positioned and laid out. If one of these water pipes cracks or breaks, there can be serious damage done to your home’s foundation. There are several possible reasons why your pipes may be leaking under your slab, including:
- Ground Movement – We know the ground is constantly shifting beneath us. The effect of micro quakes, earthquakes, and even nearby construction can cause damage to your pipes, including cracks and leaks.
- Time – While pipes within your home’s plumbing system are built to last, it’s not guaranteed they will last for decades. Several factors, including external temperature changes, mold, animals, and rust, can all compromise the material of your pipes.
- Poor Quality and Construction –When companies and manufacturers use cheap materials and replacements rather than high-quality ones, it significantly weakens the structure of the pipe and its trimmings. The simplest movement or changing temperatures can compromise the quality of these materials. It’s crucial to use the highest-quality materials to ensure long-lasting, high performance.
- Mistakes Made During Installation – Plumbing is considered to be a science. Although it’s usually done by industry professionals, there’s always the possibility of unavoidable mistakes occurring during the construction and installation processes.
How Do You Fix Slab Leaks?
Accurately detecting slab leaks and effectively repairing them is essential to prevent further structural damage to your home. Our licensed technicians use state-of-the-art camera equipment to detect leaks in your slab and look inside the pipes without tearing up the foundation.
The advanced technology we use allows us to locate the source of the problem and quickly recommend cost-effective solutions for repair. With the latest equipment and proven techniques, we work hard to protect your home from further damage.
Call Redfin Plumbing Today for Under Slab Leak Repair
When you suspect a slab leak in your home’s foundation, Redfin Plumbing Co. is the team you can trust to work on your property and quickly find a cost-effective solution. No matter how small or big your leak is, we’re fully equipped to handle jobs of any size throughout Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our comprehensive plumbing services!