Our Plumbing Professionals Provide Gas & Water Leak Solutions
While some plumbing problems can be done yourself, others require help from a professional. When you’re dealing with something major like a gas or water leak, it’s important to hire an expert who has extensive experience and is licensed to handle the job. In fact, some gas companies won’t turn the gas on in a home until a certified plumber has handled the leak.
If you have any reason to believe you have a gas or water leak on your property in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas, it’s crucial to call for professional assistance immediately. The professional team at Redfin Plumbing understands water and gas line repairs are critical, and we’ll provide high-quality repairs with your household’s safety at the forefront of our service. Call us today to learn more!
How to Detect a Gas Leak in Your Home
If you’re experiencing any signs of a gas leak in your home or business, it’s important to call our team in Houston, TX, immediately. Natural gas is hazardous to anyone exposed and should be handled with extreme caution. Some of the most common indications you have a leak in your gas line include:
- Hissing or whistling sound
- Strong odor (usually smells like rotten eggs)
- Dead houseplants
- Bubbles in your water
Common Issues Caused by Leaks in Your Plumbing System
Plumbing leaks can be detrimental to your home’s structure if they’re ignored. A small leak can quickly become a problem that could end up costing you thousands of dollars in repairs. While not all leaks cause major damage, it’s important to fix any suspected issues early on and continually monitor your home’s plumbing system to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Some of the most common issues caused by leaks in your plumbing system include:
- Poor water quality
- Warped walls
- Water-stained walls
- Rotting wood in the frame of your home
- Invasive black mold
What Causes Pipes to Leak?
There are several reasons why your water and sewer pipes could start to show signs of leaking, including:
- Temperature Changes – Drastic shifts in temperature, such as an overnight freeze, can cause cracks in your pipes as the water expands and condenses. Most plumbing systems in Texas aren’t designed for extreme shifts in weather, so there’s a higher possibility for pipes bursting during the winter.
- Corrosion – While the pipes in your plumbing system are built to last, they’re typically made of copper or galvanized steel, which are susceptible to rust. Over time, this breaks down the durability of the pipes, making it easier for cracks to form.
- Shifts in the Foundation – Due to the Houston area being prone to flooding, shifts in your home’s foundation are common and can cause damage to your pipes.
- High Water Pressure – Over time, water pressure that’s too high can wear down the material of the pipes. This rapid fluctuation between speed and water increases the risk of your pipes bursting.
Signs of a Pipe Leak
Pipe leaks can happen in virtually any spot of your home. Contact Redfin Plumbing if you’re experiencing any of the following signs of a water pipe leak:
- A decrease in water pressure
- Cracks in the floor or foundation
- An increase in your water bill
- Discolored flooring or walls
- Musty or mildew odor coming from the floors and walls
- The sound of water running when the faucets are off
- Grass or foundation plants growing unevenly
Choose Our Repair Team Confidently
With more than 20 years of experience serving the community in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas, Redfin Plumbing is confident we can provide solutions for your gas and water leaks in no time. No matter how small or big your leak is, we’re fully equipped to handle jobs of any size.
If you suspect a gas or water leak in your home, it’s crucial to call our team of experts immediately to quickly mitigate the problem. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our comprehensive plumbing services!